With skyrocketing energy prices, new regulations and a shortage of suitable carriers, logistics is one of the most volatile aspects of the chemical industry. Due to the nature of most chemical products – usually heavy, bulky, difficult to store and hazardous – high logistics costs continue to undermine profits. For some companies, the costs of shipping, warehousing and transportation management may even exceed the cost of manufacturing the chemicals.
While many chemical companies are prospering, they continue to struggle with unique logistics challenges, including growing regulatory pressures and a major dependence on rail and sea transportation. And, of course, safety and security concerns are ever present, adding to the cost of doing business with chemicals. The industry is beginning to realize that waste and inefficiency in logistics processes is hindering progress – and profits.
Opportunity in Optimization
A hallmark of ChemLogix and C|3PLUS is an unwavering dedication to solving the logistics challenges of the chemical industry. Our people and solutions are focused solely on the chemical world, helping companies to find better, more efficient ways to streamline and optimize their logistics networks.
Through C|3PLUS, ChemLogix provides strategy and solutions that specifically address the chemical industry, including:
- Detailed analysis of freight rates in order to determine potential savings
- Benchmarking against industry standard rates to provide the necessary leverage to renegotiate rates
- Seamless integration with existing resources (either internally or externally developed)
- Real-time visibility into all transportation modes, ensuring detailed tracking of every load
- Global insight and positioning for international transportation
- Compliance with safety and environmental regulations, from Responsible Care codes to internal policy enforcement
- Streamlined intermodal transportation and rail fleet management
- TMS technology to automate transportation planning and execution
- Comprehensive monitoring and reporting for every load, ensuring improved supply chain and asset management
No matter what your chemical challenge, the ChemLogix team of highly experienced industry specialists provides the necessary expertise and guidance to design and execute a solution that not only fits your company, but positions you for logistics success.